I watch YouTube all the time, specifically BookTube. I see a lot of them make 5-star reading predictions and I never thought to create a blog post about my 5-star predictions! What is wrong with me? I’m picky when it comes to finding my next favorite book, and even giving it five stars sometimes doesn’t mean it’s a new all-time favorite. That means that it was a fantastic book and I would reread it in the future. If you all want to know some of my all-time favorite reads just let me know in the comments, and I will make that a future blog post. Anyway, let us move on to the predictions, shall we?
- House on Fire by Bonnie Kistler. The story deals with family, death, and mystery. The novel is comparable to the bestselling tradition of Jodi Picoult and Celeste Ng according to the Goodreads synopsis. I’ve never read anything by Picoult, but Celeste Ng wrote one of my favorite books of all time (spoiler alert lol).
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. This is a novel about a band that splits and nobody knows why. I adore Taylor Jenkins Reid and her writing. She has very original ideas, and I have to read everything she has written thus far.
- Wool by Hugh Howey. This book has fantastic reviews on Goodreads, and when I read the synopsis, I immediately wanted to read it. It’s a post-apocalyptic novel about a community that lives in a giant silo underground because the air outside is toxic. Why would that not intrigue you?
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne. The synopsis to this book is odd, and a little bit confusing but it honestly just seems like the main character is just trying to find himself in the midst of all the chaos.
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. Again, this has excellent reviews on Goodreads. It’s about classmates that grow up and stick with each other even though they all have issues. There is trauma that they need to overcome in this novel, and I don’t think I’m ready.
If you enjoyed this, then give it a like and follow my blog. Be respectful and happy reading!