Welcome to a new decade, friends!
This was a pretty decent year as far as quality goes. I read a lot of mediocre books, but the ones I did love were excellent! I’m just here to bring you all of my juicy reading stats. I’m sorry there aren’t any graphs. I know that’s what everyone came to see. I will have other fun posts coming out in January such as, 2020 reading goals, my December wrap up / January TBR, my 2019 social media journey, etc!
*All photos of books were taken from Goodreads, and the GIFS were taken from Google. Nothing is mine.
Total books read:
- 5 stars – 16
- 4 stars – 34
- 3 stars – 34
- 2 stars – 6
Female vs Male Authors:
- Female authors – 57
- Male authors – 33
Best / Worst Reading Month
- July – 4,567 pages
- September – 884 pages
Total Page Count:
- Historical Fiction – 13
- Romance – 12
- Contemporary Fiction – 17
- Non Fiction – 4
- Science Fiction / Fantasy – 15
- Young Adult (all genres within YA) – 7
- Middlegrade – 3
- Mystery / Thriller / Horror – 14
New to Me Authors vs Already Acquainted:
I obviously didn’t count the same author more than once!
- New to me: 56
- Old: 15
My favorites and least favorite books of the year will go from bottom to top.
Top Ten Favorite Reads:
10. The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill
9. Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell, Faith Erin Hicks
8. Letters from an Astrophysicist by Neil deGrasse Tyson
7. Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
6. The Most Fun We Ever Had by Claire Lombardo
5. All Systems Red by Martha Wells
4. The Tenth Muse by Catherine Chung
3. Lock Every Door by Riley Sager
2. This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
1. The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish
Top Five Least Favorite Reads:
5. An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen
4. The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer
3. One Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
2. Bunny by Mona Awad
1. The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
Thank you for being my friend and following my reading journey. Cheers to the new year!
If you enjoyed this, then give it a like and follow my blog. Be respectful and happy reading!