I have seen this tag around YouTube, and I thought that it would be fun. It made me a little sad because my reading this year has not been great. The quality has been sub-par and the quantity hasn’t been up to my standards. It’s been a tough year so far, but I am hoping that the last half of the year will be better!
- Best book you have read so far in 2019? I haven’t read a lot of books that have blown my mind. There are a few I rated highly, but now I question if I actually liked them that much. It’s either Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas, or All Systems Red by Martha Wells.
- Best sequel you have read this year? Artificial Condition (Murderbot Diaries #2) by Martha Wells.
- New release you haven’t read yet, but want to? There are many. Recursion by Blake Crouch, Middlegame by Seanan McGuire, The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon.
- Most anticipated release for the second half of the year? Lock Every Door by Riley Sager or Regretting You by Colleen Hoover.
- Biggest disappointment: Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I have not given anything written by her less than 4 stars. I ended up giving this one 3 stars.
- Biggest surprise: Not a lot has even surprised me. I’m surprised I started reading romance. I’d say the biggest surprise is either The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren, or Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas.
- Favorite new author (Debut or new to you): Martha Wells or Madeline Miller.
- Newest fictional crush: Pike Lawson from Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas.
- Newest favorite character: Murderbot in the Murderbot Diaries series.
- Book that made you cry: The only book that was even remotely sad was Radium Girls by Kate Moore. The Test by Sylvain Neuvel was also quite sad.
- Book that made you happy: Filling out this tag makes me realize how 1) little I have read this year, and 2) how poor the reading quality has been. I keep answering with the same books. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren.
- Most beautiful book you’ve bought this year (or received): Any book I bought from Book Depository written by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- What books do you need to read by the end of the year? Too many! Here are a few:
- The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
If you enjoyed this, then give it a like and follow my blog. Be respectful and happy reading!